Saturday, November 25, 2006

Tromso, Norway

Once again it has been absolutely forever since I last updated this darn blog! Well it's been so long that I've almost forgotten what to write!

Well my Norway trip was incredible, and very interesting... the journey was horrific. It took about 15 hours to get there and about 12 to get back, we missed a flight and caught almost every mode of transport possible. Tubes, trains, planes, buses, taxis.... it was an adventure! I'll detail the terribleness another time. Onto Tromso...

Tromso was amazing - easily the most different place I've ever been. I saw my first snow. The sun rose at about 9.30am and set at about 1.30pm, leaving all our body clocks totally confused as to when to sleep, eat etc but we had an amazing time - the husky dog sledding was the highlight of the trip although we went there intending on seeing the northern lights. Unfortunately they weren't active while we were there. I met Charlotte's gorgeous friends Michelle and Louise, together the 5 of us had a great girly weekend away, although surprisingly we didn't get up to any mischief as it was so expensive there! We wanted to go out for Charlotte's birthday but couldn't afford it and we were all so tired! The trip there was so incredibly long and we were worn out from the wilderness centre trips and just wanted to sleep!


On the Sunday we wandered into town hoping to find some action around but not a person was to be seen, Tromso isn't the most happening place - I think everyone must hibernate in the winter. There was amazing mountains around the town - such stunning scenery. It was a bit overwhelming!

Anyway have a look at my photos from the trip. Oh and on the way back we saw the most stunning sunrise from the plane that I've seen in my entire life! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home