Monday, October 02, 2006

Camden, Clapham

Last weekend we went to Camden markets. I really like it, all sorts of clothes, nick nacks, jewellery, food and interesting stuff. Some great vintage shops. I went a bit nuts on jewellery and will go back and go nuts again on jewellery :-) The food is pretty cool, massive vats of curries, chocolate fondues, giant donuts (see picture to the right)!

I bought some fairy lights too! Although they are a bit too long and don't really even fit when i double them in my window. Oh well. You can tell I've been loads of exciting stuff when I'm talking about my fairy lights!!

I went out with my housemates (me and the boys) in Balham which is the next suburb south from where I live. We went to a comedy night upstairs at a big local pub which, after the comedy has finished they take away the tables and chairs and it turns into a dancefloor. It still amazes me how pumping the local bars, clubs and pubs get over here. It's great because even though I live about 20 mins from central london I can still have a cheap night out and be able to walk home!

I had a pretty quiet week until Friday night, got together with Romana and Charlotte for a few drinks (we were supposed to have a quiet night and go to the movies). The weather in Brighton was forecasted to be raining heavily so we thought we'd give it a miss this weekend and drink instead :-) It didn't turn out to be a huge night though. I went to the Ritzy movie theatre (picturehouse) in Brixton with Charlotte to see Volver which I really enjoyed! The Ritzy is a really quaint little theatre with decent prices. Charlotte made us a lovely curry and we had some drinks then headed out for a night in Clapham. We headed to Revolutions for a few flavoured shots and, you can't go to Revolutions without ending up at Infernos! (The Fern :-P)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home