Friday, June 23, 2006

Ladyboys, ping pong & Jenga

"No I don't want a f**ing tuk-tuk, suit or massage, thank you" - I would like to buy this shirt, except I'll never use it once I get to London :-P

Phuket is growing on me but is still not my favourite place. Yesterday we did some shopping - not bad shopping but its almost not worth the hassle that we have got on the streets. Some of the street vendors have been incredible rude, pushy and obnoxious.

We layed in the sun for a few hours and I got quite burnt, I'm still red today. I look like a tourist!!

Last night was quite funny. We had a few drinks down in the lobby after dinner trying to get into the mood to go out. We had a few games of pool which took a long time seeing as we're all so bad at it, but we made a new friend - Michael from Adelaide, who beat us all at pool and tagged along with us for the night. After pool we decided to go out to find a ping pong show (after the recommendation from some middle aged tourists - they loved it!) It didn't take long, as soon as we headed to the nightlife strip we were approached to go see a ping pong show so we followed them down the street and entered a seedy little club in the shape of a long rectangle with a stage on one side lined with poles, and seats and tables on the other side. It was 'free entry' but we each had to buy a drink for $10 (which is really expensive in Thailand) but we figured you only do this kind of thing on special occasions ;-) It was quite funny actually. The girl lured us up on stage before the show to get some piccies with the poles (see my smugmug - now this wasnt my idea).

The show was 'interesting', the girl shot darts, blew a horn, shot bananas and ping pongs (I was a little disappointed coz they didn't exactly go shooting across the room).

After the show we went out to a street bar and got a couple of drinks, and played games with the Thai bar girls. Literally - we played Jenga, Connect 4 and played a game where you take it in turns to hammer a nail into a big chunk of wood with a really skinny head hammer... it was fun, something different anyway! The Thais like there games. But I was surprised, I was expecting them to ask for money after the games but they didn't, so maybe they just play to keep themselves entertained as well in the low season.

We headed on to the Aussie bar to watch the soccer but my energy was seriously waning so we went to Maccas and then home bed (after much whinging from romana who I think had too many red bulls and wanted to stay
up).

Today the sun is out again! We had a nice sleep-in, managed to get down to the restaurant just in time for brekky and have had a relax by the pool.

It will be a pretty uneventful day - just what I want!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home