Tuesday, May 09, 2006

5 weeks to go

Well it is exactly 5 weeks today that I will be packing the last things into my backpack and waving goodbye to my beautiful family and friends... Boo hoo!

The status - I still have so much to do! But I think I'm on track. I've started packing up my stuff and taking boxes of things over to mum's to be stored away. I've got my passport, worked out that I'm going to sign up to 1st contact for my bank account, we've worked out our itinerary for Thailand (Bangkok > Kanchanaburi > Ko Samui > Phuket > Ko Phi Phi > Bangkok), we've given our notice for our apartment, I've made all my appointments to see the travel doctor etc...

I've arranged our farewell party @ The Empire and sent out the invites! Got my travel towel. The major things I still have to do are to pack and move, sell my car, organise travel insurance, plus all the little things like getting an international driver's license, a youth card, photograph and photocopy all my stuff in case I need to make an insurance claim, book accomodation in Bangkok, flights in Thailand and arrange accommodation for the first week in London. Oh and find a job.

Anyway, enough of the boring stuff... I can't believe it's only 5 weeks away! I'm nervous, scared, excited, sad, everything! And very stressed about getting everything done in time. But I think it will all work out, as long as I stick to my schedule! Which I still have to plan. It's all very exciting really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home