Monday, May 22, 2006

Counting down the days...

There's now 22 sleeps to go. I am starting to struggle a little on the emotional side, even though I am extremely organised and everything is going according to plan.

We move out of our apartment this weekend and stay with our parents for the next 2.5 weeks. During that time I need to sell my car and start applying for jobs. And pack all my stuff. On Sunday we had our last Sunday roast watching the big brother eviction.. it was quite sad to think that it was the last time.

Gav and I stumbled home to Robertson after a big night out in the Valley, also knowing that that would be the last time! I am going to miss everything here! But I'm very excited about the trip. I'm so looking forward to Thailand! We're going to book our flights very soon.

Since the last post I've been to the travel doctor, had my shots - Diptheria, Tetanus, Whooping Cough, Polio, Typhoid. I got my travel insurance today through 1cover. I got six week's worth which will cover me through Thailand and 1 month in London until I'm settled somewhere. I've bought a 1Gb memory card for my camera, so just waiting for that to arrive as I got it through ebay ($48 - bargain!!). Tomorrow I'm going to sign up with 1st Contact and get the kickstart package which will help with a UK bank account and sim card etc.

I can't believe I only have 2 weeks left at work! My last day will be sad! I finish on the 7th June, a week before flying out. Gav has a few days off before I leave so it will be nice to spend a bit more time together before I go.

Our party is next weekend and I'm looking forward to it! I hope I dont make a fool of myself and bawl all night :-P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home