Thursday, June 29, 2006

Destination: London!

Well I arrived in London!

Currently I'm looking for a place to live. I'm staying at Charlotte's at the moment which is lovely, but I'm a little scared of Brixton so am looking for somewhere in Clapham, where Keryn and Romana will be living.

So to backtrack a couple of days...

We arrived in Heathrow Airport on Monday night. Customs was a breeze and we picked up our luggage and I was met by Charlotte at the gates! It was so good to see her. We waited around for the girls friends to come to meet them at the airport and then we all headed off to our different homes for the next few days. I had my first ride on the tube which wasn't scary at all.

On Tuesday I met the girls and went to our 1st contact meeting which was great. They set up our bank accounts with HSBC, gave us a sim card and told us heaps of useful info. We had a little wander around the streets near the Tottenham Court Road tube station (which is near Oxford St) and got a sandwich from Marks & Spencers which is awesome. I was so so tired that day so went home to meet Charlotte and just crashed.

Wednesday was a little better, we went back to 1st Contact to set ourselves up with Limited Companies to work under, so that we pay less tax and get more pay in our hand each week :-)
I then met up with Charlotte to have a wander around Oxford St. I went to Topshop (OMG... It is HUGE!! I love it!! I'm so going back there to shop my guts out. I cannot wait.) Topshop in Oxford St has 4 floors, it has a vintage section and a Roller disco at the bottom!! So funny. Can't wait till I'm earning pounds and clothes will seem cheaper.

We walked around the shops on Oxford St and then we wandered down to Leicester Square, some famous people must have been coming for a movie premier because there was crowds of people around a fenced area and they were laying down some red carpet. I went to look at a flat night which was horrible! I have more to look at today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home