Monday, November 06, 2006

Halloween & Guy Fawkes


Last week was Halloween. On Saturday we went shopping in Camden for Halloween outfits to wear out clubbing on Saturday night. Camden is full of goths so we thought it would be the perfect place to find something Halloween-esque. Ended up getting some devil horns and skull-patterned tights (I didn't want anything too over-the-top!)

We carved our pumpkin and made a Jack-o-lantern - my first one ever! Turnmills was great, there was heaps of people dressed in Halloween costume and Dimitri from Paris was really good.

On the 31st, Halloween eve, we went to an Imogen Heap gig - she was awesome! She has such an amazing voice. If you haven't heard of her, check her out.

This weekend it was Guy Fawkes. There has been fireworks going off all weekend. On Friday night Charlotte and I went along to watch the fireworks at Clapham Common. Pretty much every park in London puts on their own fireworks, run by the local councils. We put on our jackets, gloves and beanies and went down to the common with our flask of hot mulled wine :-) It was great! The fireworks here are timed to dramatic classical music, its so festive! Lots of people were there with their flasks, toffee apples and sparklers. It's a shame that most parks aren't allowed bonfires anymore.

I spent the weekend shopping for warm things for winter - coats, beanies, thermals etc in preparation for my trip to Tromso. I'm so excited - less than 2 weeks to go!

Oh I also was pickpocketed on Oxford street and had my wallet stolen! Such a pain. I ended up in the local pub with Charlotte cheering me up that night!

I think we are heading to Stonehenge and Bath this weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home